Sunday, October 28, 2012

Alice in Wonderland special :D

Hi everyone! :D
I'm back from the awesome workshop yesterday and today! Today we did a lot of designing using the inspiration from our moodboards. I love workshops like these because you meet so many awesome people which like the same things as you do and with who you can talk about fashion and design. Also especially in this course there were lots of different people from different age groups who you got to know over time and who could all  provide their own experiences.I think this is an essential part of creative work in fashion-of course it is a lot of indepent work in front of your own little desk too-but the exchange of ideas with other people just keeps it exciting! 
The first design which you can see on the right is a T-shirt with a print of the two fat twins from Alice in Wonderland. I tried making a kind of suit for the figure which would make it fat and bulky too but for some reason that looked kind of...bizarre (I wonder why?! :D)
so I settled for this print :D btw-don'T you think the head of the figure is kind of similar to the heads of the twins? There is some kind of unintentional resemblance....













The design on the right is a pretty simple cocktaildress which is upgraded two amazing puff-sleeves which probably not everyone could pull off but would be the stars of the evening!
And another cocktail dress on the left-this time strapless with leather black bust and then lots of soft silky fabric cascading down.













 I love the inexplicable cheekyness of this cheshire cat bag :D It would be perfect for any simple outfit which needs a touch of coolness XD

This design is probably not something you could just wear to school sometime-it is more something you should try on Wednesday. It is essential a rabbit kind of costume-the rabbit part being the long floppy ears comming down the back and the rest being a simple brown/black body suite. And fyi-yes I do know the cat in Alice in Wonderland was white but it did not fit into my colorsheme so I'm afraid I had to change it a little! :D

And yes-finally there are these two designs-both kind of haute couture evening dresses. The first inspired by the shape of the caterpillar in Alice (We had a discussion over this one-whether the arms need to be tucked in too or not- but I decided to be human and leave the arms exposed :D) and the other one (which is my favorite) inspired by the army of the queen. I know they were actually cards but I love the concept of the hard, rough armor at the top and then the soft and flowing fabric at the bottom. What you can see peeking out from under shirt over there is the boot she is wearing!
Sorry that it's no DIY for you today (even though I did have an awesome idea but I guess I have to save it for alter) but I hope you enjoyed this special instead!
xoxo Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for The treasure chest of Alex's Fashion