Sunday, October 14, 2012

Sunday's DIY- Printed facebook meme shirt

Hi my dear readers! Today I have something extra special for you! Sunday's DIY is also face related (even though you can print anything really!) and awesome! :D
So here it is-we are going to print a t-shirt today! And no I do not mean print "out" a t-shirt I mean actually print "on" a t-shirt!
So here's what you need:


Basic cotton t-shirt (I got mine (as you can see) from GinaTricot where you can get awesome basics but I guess anything could work)
Laser Transfer film (this is the paper on which we are going to print the picture later and then transfer it on to the shirt. You can get this in computer stores where you can also buy paper to print on)
The photo/picture (in digital form)
Pressing Iron
Laser Printer

Step 1: Print the picture you want on your t-shirt on your transfer film. In my case it didn't have to be inverted for some other transfer films it has to be though, so check the instructions first.

 Mine looked like this (from the side)
Step 2-this step is for each transfer film different. You might need to peel of the back of the film off and then iron it on to the shirt. When you iron, don't do it on an ironing board because this is too soft. You want a flat surface (like a table) which you protect with a few smooth kitchen towel or something. Also it is important that you don't move the iron around but lift it up and then put it down on the part of the photo you want to "attach".
Annnnd you're done! :D Wait until the fabric is cool before you move it and there you go. Isn't it awesome?! :D Mine turned out like this:

and I like! :D I hope you do too and have fun making your own! :D
xoxo Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for The treasure chest of Alex's Fashion