Thursday, July 25, 2013

Takeover Day 4 - Hand

Sorry, I'm kinda late today; hopefully that's not becoming a habbit, because I have a serious procrastination problem and I really want to try to get rid of it ^_^

Okay, I have to say: This is one of the very few drawings of mine that I actually like and that I'm proud of. 
I know it's not perfect, but I think it's the closest to naturalism I've ever come and to me naturalistic art is the most impressive one.

I drew this about two years ago in art class and then kinda forgot about it, until I found it again in between my other drawings some weeks ago.
As far as I remember the task back then was to draw a naturalistic hand holding an object that is important to you, so I drew my hand together with drum sticks.
I just noticed that there were some mistakes in it, so I re-did some parts of it lately and improved other stuff like increasing the contrast, blending in the contoures and so on.
Sorry for the raster; I used it to get the proportions right but my stupid self two years ago forgot to erase it before starting to draw and now I can't remove it without ruining the complete drawing., but it adds some interesting effect to the drawing I think.
Damn, I talk waaaaay too much. Sorry for that. Whatever, here's the pic:
Have a nice evening,
Christina


No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for The treasure chest of Alex's Fashion