Sunday, November 4, 2012

Sunday's DIY-the ear cuff :D

Hey! I hope you're all having a great sunday! You know, when I was thinking about what DIY to do this sunday, I couldn't decide. Yes I know Punk is all about DIY but then most of these"punk style" DIYs involve metal studs which a) I don't have and b) think are cool but by now kind of mainstream...XD That's why I settled for this DIY which granted, isn't very the classic kind of punk but I bet if you choose different beads at the bottom could be the finishing touch on your punk outfit! :D
I have to say I was inspired to this ear cuff by a post the (awesome!) boat people did the other day (here) and the basic idea is from there however you'll notice that in the end I changed a few things...









Materials:
Wire (any kind you have, I think I used like gardening wire for this one, but it shouldn't be too think so you can bend it easily)
Thin chains about 10 cm long (you can get them at the crafts store)
Lots of different kind of beads...
Step 1
Cut off about 20 cm of the wire and make the first loop right at the end. Before closing it completely thread in one of the chains so it hangs in the loop. About 1,5 cm from there make the next loop and again thread in another chain. Carry on until all for chains are attached and cut off the excess wire just behind the last loop.
If you need any help with this part, there is a helpful video on the post from boat people.
Your cuff should look something like this.

Step 2
Then, what I did was thread in two beads on each chain and put a knot under them so they would keep in place, just like this (pic on the left)


and that's basically it-just bend the cuff so it fits comfortably around your ear and tadaaaa! :D
My finished piece looked something like this:

I hope you enjoy your ear cuff :D
xoxo Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for The treasure chest of Alex's Fashion