Thursday, August 16, 2012

Military Inspired Outfit

Hey everyone! The inspiration for today's outfit came from a movie-"Across the Universe" (I wrote a little bit more about it on my Inspiration page). It took place during the Vietnam War so lots of people had uniforms. For some reason the clear and practical shapes and cuts led me to do my own version. What fascinates me about them is that when you are wearing uniform, you are no longer an individual-you are part of a whole, whether you like it or not.
It consists of high-necked jacket, long trousers and a helmet.
xoxo Alex
PS:if you have any ideas about what you would like me to design, designers you find inspiring or just things you would like to tell me-feel free to comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for The treasure chest of Alex's Fashion