Monday, January 21, 2013

Phone Pocket

Hey there!
I have another DIY for you today...
I recently got a new phone and I faced the problem of not having a stylish pocket (or any pocket in that matter) for it sooo as I'm sure many crafty people of you would've done I made my own..
It was a little complicated to record the process because some of the steps bitterly failed so I had to start a new...That's why I apologize in advance if some of the pictures aren't very helpful :D

Materials
Piece of thick non fuzzy fabric, 2 cm broader and 2cm longer than your phone
piece of fluffy stuffing with the same measurements of the fabric (optional)
lots of little strips of colorful fabrics
Needle and thread/Sewing machine and thread

Step 1
Put all your layers together-at the bottom the piece of fabric, then the fluffy bit and then the strips next to each other.
Step 2
Now so one each one of your strips by randomly crisscrossing from one side to the next-make sure you get the edges so you don'T have any floppy parts which will reveal the fluff.
Step 3
Fold the whole thing in half, so that the inside fabric is on the outside and sew together the sides until about 1 cm before the edge. Then fold it inside out so that the strips are on the outside and the fabric on the inside and fold the bits that are not sewn together to the inside and secure with a few stitches!


 Enjoyy your new phone pocket! :D
xoxo Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for The treasure chest of Alex's Fashion