Saturday, January 19, 2013

Lady from the Coal Mine

Hi!
So this painting has a story behind it :D
I was watching Water for Elephants today (fairly good movie by the way!-even for the none-Robert Pattinson fans like me :D) and at somepoint they were showing the audience who were watching the circus perfomance. I fell in love with one of them, stopped the movie and did a quick sketch...Theeen later today I decided it was time for a little bit of painting so I took out the guache colors 'n brush etc and then well...I went a little crazy with the brown  (Yes brown..)paint so that she looked like she had just sprung out of a coal mine (Therefore the name...:D), all smeared with dirt...
So I loaded the pic on my computer, was looking at it....and thought what the heck-why does photoshop exist if not for these kind of things...soooo from the beautiful brown color it went purple! Here's what came out!
lol-I just always have to laugh when I see her....:D I think some of proportions aren't exactly right but I still kind of like her! :P
xoxo Alex

No comments:

Post a Comment

Disqus for The treasure chest of Alex's Fashion